Thursday, June 18, 2009

Delayed Dreams

Until recently, I haven't had much time or desire to keep up with the blog. A lot of that has to do with the continuing ebb and flow of the career of a minor league baseball player. To get my readers up to speed, I am engaged, I am not long with Diamondbacks and I am currently playing independent professional baseball for the Lincoln Saltdogs. Also, after changing my mechanics to allow to throw from two distinct arm slots (over the type and side arm) I was off to solid start for the 'Dogs. All of this in a determined attempt to be signed by a different affiliated pro team. However, I was pitching for the fourth time in five days when I threw a pitch and strained my lat muscle on my left side. This injury occured a little over 3 weeks ago. It has truly been a test of patience. Something I firmly believe God has allowed me to experience to precipitate my growth spirtually as well as in over all maturity. I am slated to be activated in four days or so. Assuming there are roster spots available and all goes according to plan, I cannot wait to taste and feel the mound again. I've been diligent with my rehab and am happy to report my last bullpen felt great. Now its a matter of ironing out the mechanical 'kinks' and start contributing to the team again.
We are on a massively long road trip that took us from Lincoln to Fort Worth, TX two days ago that took 11 hours . Tonite after the game, we bus 12 hours to Pensacola, FL. After three games there have to bus 20 hours back north to Lincoln. If you're scoring at home, thats 53 hours of driving in a week. In the words of Bob Seger (whom I think should have been a ball player) "There I go. On the road again, There I go. Up on the Stage." The silver lining is upon my return from this journey, I will be picking up my fiancee from the Omaha airport and will have her with me in Lincoln for the next week.

So my dreams are taking a different than expect path. Being on the DL certainly delays them a bit. Nevertheless, I remain faithful to the plan that God has for me, whatever that may be.

Until Next Time....(Which won't take 9 months, I promise).

No comments: